Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Among so many blessings I am truly thankful for this year, one of them was to host a houseful of wonderful family on this special day. It's been a tough year emotionally but God is good and He has brought us to a good place in this new home. After 10 years of living near no family of ours from either side, I am now surrounded and supported by the best in-law family a person could hope for. Thank you Banks Family for loving me these past 12 years as your own. You are a blessing!


 

The Turkey Boys! My brother-in-law, David, and his Dad, John, made the best smoked turkey you've ever had.

 

Too many cooks? Are you kidding? Who came up with that phrase? You can never have too many cooks! Mom B. and Becca peeled, I think, 640 potatoes.

 

Table One! This might be the kid table. I see no one in this picture that I would trust with anything of great responsibility.

 

And Table Two. Well, maybe this is the kid table...

Maurer Family: We missed you and we'll see you next year!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

liesel said...

Hey, we had dinner last night with Tim and Christina Larsen. It came up in conversation that Tim worked with Greg and Christina went to high school with him. Weird, huh?

Looks like you had a great time. I hope you remembered to make a birthday phone call to Seattle sometime around Thanksgiving. I didn't. :(

RoverHaus said...

Hmmmm.....the Turkey boys look familiar....

I think I've seen them on a tag team wrestling championship before. Did you get their autographs?

Good looking family!

kirsten said...

Is that little Kierstin in that picture....she's too cute! and growing! wow...beautiful family, and home. people decorate different up here...no shutters?!?

Jill said...

I'm thankful you're back in my life as if it hasn't been 19 years! What?!? 19 YEARS that can't be right. TELL ME I'M NOT APPROACHING 40