Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blessing Baskets

 

Our church is feeding a few thousand families for Thanksgiving this year so this morning we helped put the "baskets" (paper bags full of groceries) together. It was freezing cold - exactly 32 degrees - but it was so much fun. Josh and I doubled the bags and got them to the food assembly line while Greg helped load them onto the trucks.
 

This really was a sacrifice for Greg because he's been achy and feverish the last couple days. Yet, he was so glad to do it!

One thing that had me giggling to myself (and only to myself because no one else was laughing) was the motivational music blaring out the big speakers in the parking lot. We were rockin' to Stryper, no less, singing "To Hell With The Devil!". Do you remember them?!? I think they were the Christian answer to KISS once upon a time but I don't think anyone in this crowd was struggling with a Gene Simmons craving. Interesting choice.

You know, as these things always go, the blessing you're suppose to be to someone else always ends up blessing you. It was a cold and early Saturday morning but there's nothing else I wish we'd have done.

"....I tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for ME." -Matthew 25:40
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That song was popular right around the time I became a Christian and I thought that song was so DUMB! Wow, you did pick the coldest day so far to do the blessing baskets. I'm glad it went well