Monday, October 27, 2008

The Punkin Patch

Yes, it was called 'Punkin'. This was a little field trip Josh's class went on and it was quite educational, actually. The man in the picture is the farmer of this little pumpkin place and he gave the kids a lesson on how they grow all the different kinds of 'punkins' and what they're ideal for. For example, did you know that a homemade pumpkin pie is made best from a Cinderella pumpkin? This man was distracting though, because he was reminding me of someone else. Who was it?? "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" was singing in my head. Then I kept thinking he needed to dress up like a snowman and tell the Rudolph story. Burl Ives is who he was! Once I figured it out, I wanted to give him a hug and have him sing a punkin song.

This was Josh's pick although him took him longer than anyone else because he was busy finding grasshoppers and caterpillars first. There were a few of the little orange gourds that were a kind of wet and he informed me that they had just been born. I don't think he was listening to Mr. Ives...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joshua and Mr. Ives should get together and sing "Inch Worm." Let me know if you get that on record - I would be interested in hearing it!!
Love,
Mom

liesel said...

Burl Ives!! I'm laughing so hard right now.

kirsten said...

boy, Josh is growing up! such a cutie!

btw, yes there is a highway to the ferry...but I take the back roads b/c it's safer, and I don't have to deal w/ speedy cars, and hopefully accidents.

Anonymous said...

So is it as good as Cedar Hill? It looks cute! Plus they grow their OWN punkins.

jennifer... said...

No, Tami, not as good as Cedar Hill but sweet, nonetheless!

Anonymous said...

Yes, and I found out later that Burl Ives look alike is worth several million due to a recent land deal he made, HA!