Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Favorite Beach

City folks go to parks to play but when I was a kid we went to the beach. And, yeah, we had THE parks (Disney, et al) but the ocean was free! Gosh, we used to have so much fun. And we were so fearless too. Well, for my brother and I, it was pretty cool to bring our own families back to watch our kids splash and dig in the same places we did. There's nothing special about this little stretch. In fact, really only the local folks know about it but it's another reason for why it IS special to me.

We even stayed in the same condo we used to stay in forever ago -- we played in this same pool!

I'm all corny and sentimental now of how our kids have created their own fun memories at this very familiar place. It was hard to say good-bye.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh WOW!! How much fun! Joshua will have fond memories too!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I set the picture of Greg and John throwing the boys into the air onto my desktop as a background picture. What a fabulous picture with the ocean as a background.

pop

Anonymous said...

The time we spent on the beach was magical. I see the magic continues. That is a comforting thought.
Mom