Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Bridal Luncheon

Amanda's Aunts-in-law hosted a charming luncheon in this fabulous, classic, old south home that was actually built by their great-grandparents. I enjoyed meeting all of Amanda's sweet bridesmaids. I was fortunate to be included as the wedding singer (trust me, I've been praying for months that I would not be the butt of "the big wedding flub" story that every bride gets to tell her friends about for years to come. My luck would be that Simon Cowell is a friend of the family). Anyway, we had delicious food, each lady was treated to a shoulder and neck massage (!) and we were each sent home with a lovely rose straight from the farm of the family rose business.

And here are my girls! From left to right: my sister, Carolyn (who flew in from New Zealand), my stepmother, Lynnette (the great, non-Cinderella kind), and my sister, Amanda, the BRIDE! Aren't they beautiful??
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! And, might I add, your hair looks great!!! The Simon Cowell quip also had me laughing. I'm sure you will do/did (?)excellent.

liesel said...

Yes, you are all beautiful. What a fun time you all must have had together.

kirsten said...

You have a beautiful voice....it reminds me of how you and Charissa would sing together back at ORU days....remember???