Friday, May 23, 2008

What I Love About Boys


"Mom, I'm going out bug hunting," Joshua tells me this morning. Ok honey, good luck, we're all counting on you! And off he goes for all the necessary equipment: bug house, bug tweezers, magnifying glass (for examining, not burning) and, of course - never knowing how far one will have to travel -scooter. The search was originally for a roly poly under a rock somewhere. After the disappointing loss of a reported blue spider, hopes rose again with the discovery of an ant! If YOU had a magnifying glass you would see this ant on his wrist. I had another 'what I love about boys' moment several weeks ago when I picked him up from school. He was so distracted by what was in his hand that he almost didn't make it into the right car. When he finally climbed up into the front seat with me I noticed his pants were caked with dirt. Fascinated, he opened his hand to show me the one-legged cricket he found on the playground. "Did you cause this or...?" I thought, but he was digging in his pocket to show me something else. "I found an awful good digging stick too!" he proudly displayed. So that explains the pants. I don't know what happened to the cricket but the that awful good digging stick is still on the top of his drawer. I can't toss it out...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Marlita said...

As long as you check pockets before doing laundry!