Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Birthday Suprise


Can I brag on my husband a second? I know every married person has read 'The Five Love Languages' and can name them all by heart but I'm afraid Mr. Chapman left out the 6th and most important one which is being suprised. This happens to be mine, I think. When Greg and I first got married the extent of thoughtful suprise was the latest Camaro he would find. "But we can enjoy this together," he would assure me.... Here we are 11 years later, though, and I'm here to encourage you that things do change for the better! Case in point, my birthday. Thinking we were on our way to a quiet little cookout with Greg's sister Becky and her husband David, I was thrilled when I walked in the door and the whole family was there screaming "SUPRISE!!". Ben and Becca traveled 2 hours, and for Brad and Kristin (who traveled an hour) this was their first real venture out since Olivia was born. Each of them over the previous days had called to tell me what other thing they were going to be doing on Sunday (our cookout day). All lies, lies, lies. Greg put them all up to it. Isn't he sweet? He jumped through all the right hoops and it meant alot to me - filled my love tank right up! Poor Camaro...her tank is empty.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

liesel said...

AWWW. What a guy. And Olivia Ruth joined you too. How special. Happy Belated Ash Wednesday.

kirsten said...

Way to go Greg!

Jen, what a horrible friend to forget your birthday. I've been in the mist of boxes, boxes and packing more boxes.
Just imagine a beautiful card that has all your "style and freedom" all over it:)
Hugs, Kirsten and Lucy:)