Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Little Slugger


I'm loving baseball! A Broadway show couldn't be more entertaining than watching 6 & 7-year-olds play this game (by the way, Greg was just in NY and walked all over Broadway but I didn't have the foresight to send him with our camera. Dern!). Anyway, yes, its a hoot to watch the little guys slide into home every time whether its necessary or not (and its never necessary), just to come short a few feet and still have to get up and walk the rest of the way to home plate. I was a very proud mother the other night to watch my son run ALL the bases regardless of the fact that the second and third basemen stayed put (like they were suppose to). I was dugout Mom the other night which is the equivilent of being a zookeeper in the monkey exhibit. I was in charge of making sure they didn't swing on the fencing or steal each others bananas. You wouldn't believe how much fun it is to say, "Campbell, you're up next!", and see the cutest grins. I wanted to kiss each one on the head and say "Be careful", but monkeys don't like that sort of thing, I know.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy Wages said...

I LOVE Joshua's little boy moments. Sooo cute. And you know I'm a sucker for ball players! :)
Amy

Josh and Alisha Williams said...

I found yer site off of Tami Beauchamp's site. I miss you guys like crazy after reading up on your blog. We were just getting to know you all. Im so thankful God put us together in Larry Ray's class!
Gotta add on to Amy W. sucker for the ball players myself.
Go Josh Banks! MLB here he comes!
Miss you love ya
ALisha Williams