Friday, May 30, 2008

Camping & Fishing


An amazing coincidence between Greg & I is the different ways we may have crossed paths when we were teens and several states apart. Our family was in Orlando, Florida yet we gave up Disney for camping in the Ozarks. Greg lived there and his family did the same type of vacationing (might have something to do with the fact that both our families were, um, poor). Anyway, we still have so much fun camping with his family and now that we're close its so easy! My in-laws make it even easier these days with their posh trailer and pontoon fishing boat. The boys were out fishing on that boat every evening and every morning this trip and Josh is learning to hang in there like a pro. I love it. In our comatose tv and video game world, this is what I think shapes a happier kid. Josh is learning how to drive a boat, bait a hook, cast a line and real it in (please don't ask if they ever catch fish - this is a humiliating subject). With my Dad he even gets lessons on flying airplanes! I'm just so thankful for these opportunities. My boy is growing to be a man and he has a great "cloud of men" in his family to show him how.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Pop said...

Hey, why doesn't that big guy have on a lift jacket?