Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Renee!

Joshua's birthday kicked off a whole week of birthdays, as you will see. Next up -- my good friend and neighbor, Renee!

 

My Bible study group, in coordination with Renee's husband, had this great scheme concocted to surprise Renee with a 'kidnapping' out to dinner. Then at the last minute her son got a re-scheduled baseball game on our big night. After a little panic we just decided to tell her the story and convince her that it was ok to miss the game and come out with us. So about an hour everyone showed up, I headed next door, stopped her in the middle of tree-trimming, and told her that I was dressed and ready to go to my friend's birthday party -- hers! After some explanation and assurance that everyone was in on it she laughed and headed in the house to get ready. We all ended up having such a great time and laughed til our stomachs hurt.

Renee has been there for me from the first day we moved in and has become a very treasured friend. Happy 29th, and many more Mexican meals to you, Renee!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: