Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Goodbye, 2nd Grade

I read an editorial article in my paper today from a guy pleading for Mom's to stop their braggy blogging! I decided that I shall not.

 

At the end-of-the-year school program for Joshua's school, each child in each class gets awarded a 'character trait'. Not so much in the "He's a real character" way but, graciously, in the honorable sense. I know these children personally and they are a great group. You would have a hard time narrowing it down to just one thing on any of them and I clapped with pride for each one like they were my own! I'm corny that way (it's my character trait - graciously, in the honorable sense).

Greg and I were pleased as pie when Joshua was awarded the trait of 'Faith'. Some Dads get teary-eyed when their son hits a homerun, and Moms do when he hits the inside of the toilet, but, needless (and humbly) to say, getting the attribute of faith means our little arrow is hitting the very center of our hearts!

Of course, when the kids were sent into the audience to give their Moms' a flower, I, sitting in the center of the row, had mine thrown to me. But that's the "he's a real character" part of the ceremony now, isn't it....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shannon said...

He has two wonderful role models daily exemplifying that "faith" trait. So, kudoos to mom & dad and PTL Joshua is listening.

kirsten said...

Love it! Reminded me of Annie-Grace @ her kindergarden graduation....the principle read aloud what each kid wanted to be when they grew up. Annie-Grace said she wanted to be a "mom"....talk about teary eyed:)
You & Greg are great parents; that little guy of yours will soon be a might man of God!

Amy Wages said...

I think they got it right! His faith has been obvious from a young age. We love you, Joshy!