Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Birthday Boy!

I'm sorry I've been absent for awhile. My internet has not been working for the last few days but a guy from Charissa's favorite communications company came out today and fixed it. Yay!

SOOO.....something big happened this week. Despite all my threats of spankings and other punishments, Joshua just laughed at me and went through with turning 8! He does this sort of thing every year and he doesn't understand that 8 years ago my heart escaped from my chest to see what all the sweet fuss was about and it never did go back to it's protective spot. One day he's just gonna take it right off to some college. Bittersweet, huh?

Well, if you're gonna have a birthday you might as well do it right! This year we had a 'crazy science experiment' party and here's the maddest scientist of them all (yes, that is a Blockbuster card on his ID badge).

 

Several other little brainiacs joined us for the fun (including Einstein, himself) and they were very excited for Mrs. Banks to just get this picture over with so they could take all that silly stuff off!

 

Other guests included some big people and one very small one. Kristin was my Egore and ran stuff in and out of the kitchen for me the whole time. Poor girl, I really wore her out. Greg, of course, was the constant janitor, ready to sweep and mop every spill. He's amazing. My friend and neighbor, Renee (aka Einstein's Mom) was my excellent photographer. I could fill 10 posts with all the great shots she got!

 

As I've mentioned before, my blogger program only takes 4 pictures at a time so I'll post our experiment pictures tomorrow. Here's a parting shot of some cute kids in the meantime.

 

Happy 8th Birthday, Joshua!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

liesel said...

I love your creativity! I'm sure you didn't get that from a book of birthday party ideas. That had to come from yours and Joshua's heads....Did you explode anything?

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, cutie pie!

shannon said...

I loved your description of Joshua turning 8. Oh, how I can relate to that :) Why do they have to grow up so darn fast!