Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Little Clarity

Do you suffer, like me, from never really knowing what is most currently PC on how to refer to one another's skin types? We're suppose to be color-blind but why aren't we also hair-blind, gender blind, stage-of-life blind? So far I haven't heard anyone get corrected over something like, "You know who I'm talking about, the neighbor at the 5th house on the left, who is also the only blue-eyed person on the street". If God carefully crafted each one of us the way He did then, really, what's the big deal? I love our differences and think we should respectfully celebrate them!

Onward. Just what color am I? What would you call our German-English-Swedish-Irish-Creek-originally from the Fertile Crescent-American family? I now know, thanks to a "for sale" sign Joshua put on his stomach last night.

 

UT fans, you no longer have to paint yourselves for a football game because many of you are, indeed, already orange. (By the way, the red is the blood and the white is the bone). So now all I'm left wondering about is why he only costs $90,000.99, and if I might need to lay off the self-tanner a bit.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,
You are a hoot! The self-tanner comment reminds me of Beth Moore and a comment she made in one of her Bible sutdy videos.
Love you lots,
Mom

kirsten said...

What made him want to put a "for sale" sign up? too funny!

liesel said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

I've seen self-tanner addictions. Not good- addicts look a lot like the pumpkins I just harvested! I have to keep reminding myself the calender says Easter... Oo, Carolyn