Monday, March 23, 2009

Save The Sticks!

 

In the weeks that followed the massive ice storm we had, there were bonfire-sized piles of tree limbs parked by every driveway. It was wild. I kept thinking that there must be something practical for us to do with all this. Surely we're not just going to burn it all. Did you know that Chicago gives their citizens free mulch from sources like that? Anyway, laying in bed one night I had an epiphany. At least two lucky sticks were going to get their big break! (Well, a second one, I suppose, since they already had a 'big break').

Since I not-very-strategically put my picture up first, you figured out what I did with them. Thanks to nature and cheap shower curtains, this whole window treatment ensemble cost less than $50. And now, an empty set of kitchen windows that I was never very happy with makes me smile every time I walk through!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kirsten said...

Pretty!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! I love it too.
Mom