Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Emerging From The Cottage

 

Forward warning: Kocians and Rovenstines, I totally apologize for the following post as I believe you don't get spring for another 6 months or so. And, Boultons, as you are actually entering autumn on the other side of the hemisphere, I'm pretty sure you're not feelin' it anyway.

It was absolutely beautiful this weekend! After hibernating all winter, at the beginning signs of spring, my street turns into circa 1960. The kids flood the yards, sidewalks and street. Moms bring out the lawnchairs in the driveways and sip their tea and chat (right, Renee?). And Dads start throwing balls, brushing up little sports for spring sports. I love it! Pretty soon opening the windows for mild, fresh air will have added to the cacophony the sound of lawn mowers and the aroma of grilled chicken and burgers. Ooh, I'm killin' myself! Drop by sometime and we'll treat you to spring -- retro style!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

kirsten said...

Although it snowed yesterday, Spring is coming here too...I see buds on the trees and bulbs popping up!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, the bittersweet signs of autumn surround me! James will be off to America on Friday, so he will get spring Florida-style. I'll be content watch the pumpkins ripen and make pear preserves while pining for his return... He'll have flown to Florida 3 times in 6 months!

Maybe you'll catch the spring gardening bug and chop down that hibiscus tree! As long as you plant something new, it will be OK, I promise. Maybe some easter lily bulbs in the autumn, or a cute little Japanese maple for blossoms in spring and leaves in the fall, or a miniature fruit tree or lemon tree to get in touch with your farmer genes? All sound better than a sub-tropical hibiscus with squishy flowers. Lots of love... Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I'm with Carolyn - get rid of the hibiscus!!
Mom

Jill said...

aaarrg!!! Yesterday we go 7" of snow, and today it is 14 degrees with a -10 wind chill.
spring....HA!
-Kocians

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! Love livin' in NWA, enter a time warp to happier, calmer days

RoverHaus said...

Three things I just LOVE in life.

1) Spring celebrated in retro style.

2) The word 'cacophony'.

3) Folks nice enough to be considerate of colder-climate-restricted friends in their blogs.