Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer Science


This was great, I just couldn't believe this. First of all, Joshua actually caught a butterfly and two moths yesterday. But the fascinating part is that we actually watched one of the moths lay eggs! Josh insisted that was what was happening but I, thinking the poor moth was contorting himself out of captive agony, tried to soften sad news by telling Josh he was just sick. No, she wasn't. If you click on the picture you can see a tiny white dot on the little piece of grass in the front. That's one of the many deposits. Josh was so excited about this, he actually drew a picture of the event (another thing I couldn't believe - very unusual response). Note the big brown eyes and sticking-up hair at the bottom. That's him peeking up at his container of treasures! We said goodbye to our flying friends but we've kept the eggs!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

liesel said...

You have become such a home school mom!

Amy Wages said...

I love it! Especially that he drew himself...but he forgot yhe sprinkles...

kirsten said...

I'm so impressed w/ your home schooling.....what a fun teacher you are!

Tami said...

That is sooooo adorable. I love his little face at the bottom. That one is a keeper.

Anonymous said...

I have lots of moths in my grill...
JM.

Josh and Alisha Williams said...

What a fun mom u r! I miss you more everytime I read ur post!-Alisha