Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day


Josh and I discovered this place last week and decided to bring Daddy out here because this is just the kind of thing he loves. Greg is a nature guy. When he was just a little older than Josh's age he was spending hours alone adventuring through woods and ponds, just he and his gun. Though I can't fathom letting Josh do something like that, I'm thankful Greg keeps a good bit of 'Huck Fin' in him. These two were climbing to the top of the falls and sliding down to the swimmin' hole we were playing in. It was so fun! Of course anyone who knows Greg knows he DID have to find a couple of snakes. No, not just find them, but get down into the rock crevices they were hiding in. That's when I had to grab little Huck's hand and say, "If we see Daddy again its by the grace of God. Come with Mommy." Josh began to cry. Not because he feared the snakes but because he wanted to sniff them out with Daddy. Why don't I understand? Ahh, such shortcomings. As we drove away in air-conditioning I thought nostalgically, we used to have to drive a good 5 hours for a place like this. Now its just 30 minutes away...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kirsten said...

I think Lucy might enjoy a day w/ Greg!

Juls said...

This reminds me of the old camping days when we were young...better yet, I was young and you were livin' it up '80s style, with aquanet hairspray and cut-off jean shorts....aghhhh! Those were the days! Remember the time John was sprayed by a skunk:)hehehe