Saturday, June 28, 2008

Goodbye, Kirsten




We went to Tulsa one more time before Dan & Kirsten Donohue move to Seattle in a few days. It was sad. It was fun but it was sad. My first memory of Kirsten was in a horrible A&P class where we struggled to keep our nose above water. She was so Ivy League-looking! She was beautiful, smart and kind. Of course I made it a point to be her friend. The next year we were roommates and before we knew it we were in each others weddings, having fun being pregnant together, etc., etc....It's hard not to feel blessed when I look back on a 17-year stretch of wonderful memories. Of course they're not over just because she's moving, but this sure is a great opportunity to share how much I love her, how much I'll miss her in theory (we hope to continue our annual girls' weekend) and how much I pray that God will bless their family as He leads them on to this next chapter. Kirsten, I'm coming up for some of that coffee soon! We'll need it for wee hour tradition...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

liesel said...

It was bittersweet. I've been sad all day. :(

kirsten said...

I've been teary eyed w/ on and off chuckling of funny stories.....thank you Jen. What amazing memories we all have. More to come!