Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More Fun With Mom

Our little downtown square has an amazing display of lights. I've never seen anything like it so we definitely took Mom to see it. She got a family picture of us there. I have no pictures, however, of the camel rides (which I didn't have the $5 for), visits with Santa, a real reindeer, horse-drawn carriage rides....pretty cool.

 

Mom and I have a tradition to spend a Saturday together doing whatever we want. This year that meant last-minute shopping, going to a pleasantly brainless Christmas movie, and sampling stuff from a gas station disguised as a gourmet food shop (it proved to be nothing but smart packaging). And the day started here with a delicious brunch! Unfortunately, I didn't feel very good, can you tell?

 

So Mom could visit with my sweet sisters-in-law and meet my new nieces, we met for lunch at a tearoom in one of the old downtown buildings - there goes my tank overflowing again! I'm not a photographer but, oh my gosh, I love this picture. No caption necessary for a moment caught like this...

 


Is any of this working at all to entice a visit from a friend or two???
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

kirsten said...

I'm coming, someday soon! ok, probably not for about a year, but I'm there as a kindred spirit:)

Jill said...

What great pictures! How nice to see your mom again. No, I couldn't tell you didn't feel good...you look terrific! Happy New Year Jennifer!!!