Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Christmas Tag

My friend Amy has started her own great tag involving favorite ornaments. She picked several of hers and shared the special meaning behind them and invited anyone who would like to do the same. This seemed like something fun to do until I realized that EVERY ornament on my tree has special meaning. Nothing on my tree hasn't either been made by us or given to us for some sweet reason, so narrowing it down to several is very difficult. I eventually took pictures of 8 and I will divide it into two posts based on the order in which they came to me.

 

The one above was one I painted with my Mom and brother when I was 6, I think. I picked this because I'm so glad Mom saved these for us!

 

My Mom gave Greg & I this one for our first Christmas together. It's see-through, like one of my favorites when I was a kid.

 

This one makes me sad but it means a lot to me. I took care of a baby for a long time that didn't end up making it and his family made this angel ornament for me. I will never forger that baby.

 

And this one brings me total joy. Becky made this for me the Christmas I was pregnant with Joshua. It's an expectant Momma made out of a clothespin! If only I had actually looked this small...

Anyone up for sharing? I'd love to see your special ornaments!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

liesel said...

I loved these last two posts Jennifer. I wish I had some great ornaments to blog about.