Friday, December 19, 2008

The Bible Thumpers

Every Thursday I have 'BS' marked on my calendar and that's just not right. BS stands for Bible Study and nothing otherwise so this wonderful, fantastic group of girls deserved another title, I thought. Our final vote:
The Bible Thumpers

 


God has blessed me so much with the friendship of these girls. It's amazing how God knit us together. Every week we laugh AND cry - count on it, share what we learned from our study, tell our deepest secrets, pray for each other, and then laugh and cry again. Sometimes we laugh BECAUSE someone in particular is still crying! Well, that someone did the most thoughtful thing for us all yesterday by hosting a Christmas luncheon I'll never forget. Every detail was wrought with the special attention that fills my little domestic tank to an overflow. Have you ever seen a custom-made Christmas curtain for the guest bathroom -- just for a get-together with your friends? Wish I'd taken a picture. I loved every bit of it. Most of all, Shannon, I love you! Thank you for bringing me in and putting me on your 'kindred spirit' list. You made my season.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

kirsten said...

Oh, Jennifer....I'm so glad you have that!!!! We girls need those kind of relationships.

Morgan said...

I wish I could be a Bible Thumper in Rogers, Arkansas! You look beautiful in that picture, by the way!

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm tearing up!

liesel said...

I'm slightly jealous. I need to get me a group of B.S.ers to hang around with.

Anonymous said...

How about Girls for God? You are definitely all too beautiful, sweet and domestic for real thumping.

I took Anna to Lessons and Carols last night, and she kept wanting to know whether the chattering baby we heard was baby Jesus...It was a nice service, and Anna sat still for an hour!

Love ya! Carolyn