Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Alright, so sometimes a notable thing does happen on a trip to Wal Mart. Not long ago, Josh & I had to go there to find a plunger. After picking the perfect one we headed to the other side of the store for a few other items. Along the way, my son found lots of creative ways to use that plunger. It started with "thocking" our way across the store every yard or so. Now, I know you can imagine what that sounded like because jamming a plunger on a hard linoleum(?) floor has a very universally recognized sound. You did it when you were a kid, your kids have done it and the kids in China probably do it too. It just resonates differently in Wal Mart. In the canned good aisle Josh decided to pull up his shirt and try plunging his stomach. Not only does it make great noises in front of the baked beans it can also get stuck there awhile, making for a very cool appendage to walk around with. Actually, this is why my trips to Wal Mart aren't that exciting anymore because, now that school's back in, I try to go alone.

I would re-enact Joshua's plunger stomach for the sake of a blog picture but we've used it since then. Sorry.

4 comments:

Delahne said...

That is so funny! Sounds very much like something Samuel would do, but he'd volunteer to clean it so we could get a picture!

liesel said...

Heh, heh. I love that kid.

kirsten said...

That was funny!

Anonymous said...

TMI! TMI!

I bet he had a cool hickey though.