Monday, September 8, 2008

6 Random Things

My friend Ashley tagged me to report 6 unspectacularly quirky things about myself to my tens of readers. How fun to narrow down a plethora of unspectacular things to just 6! I am suppose to then tag others to do this on their blogs but I'm like the last person I know to be tagged so if you have not been and you have a blog and you're game -- you are IT.

I started with this random picture just to kick things off the in the right spirit.


Ok, here goes:

1. I compulsively pick fuzzies off of blankets, roll them between my fingers, then drop them on the floor. I don't do it knowingly. It started when I was a baby and I haven't ever been able to stop it. Ask any former roomates about this. To save from vacuuming all the time, I don't keep 'fuzziable' blankets in my house anymore.

2. Popsicles give me the willies. That first lick or bite onto the stick is like scraping your teeth on the street.

3. When I was 13 I once babysat for the baby of a man who had been in a terrible motorcycle accident. He was covered from head to toe with bandages, except for his little eye slats, and he just sat in a chair in the corner of the room the whole time. He never moved, never spoke. It was creepy.

4. Growing up on the beach, my brother and I had a great way to catch live crabs with our bare hands. It's not very nice but we poured wet sand on their eyes and then you just grab them from behind. I'm anxious to see if this still works when go back in a couple of weeks.

5. I regret that I, a): don't know a second language, and, b): don't play the guitar.

6. I really like the Dick Van Dyke show.

So there it is. How about you?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

liesel said...

I really wish you wouldn't have mentioned the popsicle stick. I haven't had a popsicle for years for this very reason. My scalp is tingling at the thought of it.

Anonymous said...

I really like the Dick Van Dyke show too!

Although I do not have one of my own, I have been reading your blog for months, so I just thought I would comment. I'm so happy that you all have settled in well.

Anonymous said...

I updated my post to include you. I'm sorry I missed your previous Quirks, but yours about the guy in the full body cast was hysterical. I have a mental image that will stick with me until the end of time!

kirsten said...

Hey...I haven't been tagged yet?!? I'm impressed, there were several that I didn't know about you. Except being an old roommate, I can vouch for the hundreds of little pieces of "fluff" on the floor. But, I'm sad you haven't been keeping those kind of blankets...I thought your quirky habit was endearing:)

Anonymous said...

Awwww!Jen, the memories of watching the Dick Van Dyke and the house filled with laughter. Of course when I think of you and laughter my mind harkens back to a day when the dumbest joke ever told in the HiLLS of Tn. by the infamous Juls' brings memories of Belly Laughter so hard that I had cramps for weeks. I often wondered what our fellow campers must have thought when after only 2 minutes of quite and a chance to catch our breath, it erupted again with uncontrolable emotion. pop