Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We're So Bad...

I really am. First of all, I forgot my dear friend's birthday. Though I think of her all the time and she is one of the most special people in the WORLD to me, I let her whole day pass without a word from me.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!

The day after her birthday began as any other day. Sometime mid-morning I happened to look at the calendar and noticed that I had also missed another important date. Well, we missed it. I called Greg at work to see if he was planning a surprise getaway for the two of us. Just like every year, he paused awhile and said, "Oh, yeah!". And just like every year, we laughed because we BOTH forgot that it was our anniversary.

So, at lunchtime Greg arrives home, steals Josh, and together they gather a delicious, romantic Chick-fil-a meal and this:

 

Perfect! I 'ponder in my heart' the thought of my two boys in the girly shop, sniffing candles and lotions together, deciding which ones I would like. Really, Greg didn't need to do anything but I'm glad for yet another sweet memory of forgetfulness over the span of our 13 years. And what dark, fancy, expensive restaurant beats chicken nuggets at your kitchen table?

Some of you may wonder how a dog's birthday gets remembered but not anything else. I think I've figured out that next year I'll tell JOSHUA the pending important dates around here....that way I don't have to scare everyone half to death when I'm eating my anniversary lunch and choke on a waffle fry with a startled gasp.

Yes, Amy, that's when I remembered.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary my loves!! Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy 13 years!!!!
Love you guys,
Julie

kirsten said...

Happy Anniversary!! (we've forgot once or twice before too)

Wren said...

I'm bad about bdays...PS I love your kitchen cabinet color!!

Amy Wages said...

That is AWESOME! You have cracked me up.You know I know you love me, baby! :)

Ashley said...

YOu are too funny! Miss hearing from you! Hope yall are doing great...happy anniversary! We celbrated the 13th anniversary of our 1st date yesterday...ha!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
Can I just say ---- I love reading your blog! When I start missing you and your little boy (and Greg and Kodiak) I can pull up your blog and, as I begin reading, I am instantly transported to your home. Thank you for continuing to blog about your life and your loves. I am very appreciative.
Love you more,
Mom