Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Lake House

 

Greg's parents just bought and started fixing up a little lake house. We all christened it with our presence this weekend -- 11 of us in a 2 bedroom house. Classy, huh? There were even two of us missing! As the kids grow, we'll just stuff them all in the basement and then the adults will take turns coming in from the deck. Maybe we'll make the guys camp out in tents. I don't know. All I know is, on this occasion we managed to squish in for a good time. Josh struggled to stay up as long as he could so he wouldn't miss a single late-night joke. I remember being him a long time ago. I didn't understand half the things they were laughing about when the extended family would all get together - I just loved that they were laughing.

 

How about this sight? Doesn't Greg look right with a cute little girl on his shoulders? He does love his nieces...

 

And I just had to include this last picture because it is so Joshua. After a walk down by the lake and through the woods he is carrying a patch of moss and dragging a tree branch. (Sigh) I just love little boys...

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Charissa said...

What a cute post Jennifer. Yes, Greg does look dashing. :) Did you call him 'Cupcake' that day?

Jill said...

ahhh...nothing like a good old fashioned family get-together! Looks like you all will have years and years of great memories there! Love the new pic, too!

Debra said...

I just can't even imagine all of the great family memories you all are going to make at the lake house! How fun.

kirsten said...

I see a Christmas picture in there for sure- great of all of you! and I think I'm missing out on a very private dirty joke "cupcake" ??????

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting a photo of the Banks' new house. Looks like the perfect spot to spend many happy hours.

I also love your new photo. You are a beautiful family (and that little boy is a hoot!!) I wonder who he takes after?!?!?!

Love you,
Mom

Robin said...

I love the new pic. You could all be models. :) Boys are so much fun and it's good to just let them be--tree branches and all.