Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Boy!

 

It's so humiliating. The lampshade 'comfy collar' is because of a boo-boo Kodiak won't quit licking and the balloon is because our poor dog had to experience his birthday. Actually, he never before HAD to experience his birthday, but this year little brother insisted. Lucky him.

Actually it kinda warmed my heart a little because I got to see an uncharacteristically generous side of my son. There was no question that he was going to buy Kodiak a gift. Josh has been talking to me about that for 2 months now. So, on the big day, the kid who normally wants to see if I'll give him a quarter for taking my plate to the sink, shelled every last dollar he had in his wallet for a new toy for his dog. Didn't even blink over it.

And Kodiak, happily he ended up having a really great day. The dog who normally tries desperately hard to go unnoticed by Josh, LOVED his new toy and I think I even saw him smiling at the kid. I know I was.....
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Debra said...

Happy B.day Kodiak! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you, Kodiak. So what was the gift that Josh gave you?
Grammy