Saturday, July 11, 2009

What Facebook Is Good For

In college I had some good friends that I did practically everything with for awhile. Kelly and I went to nursing school together, she helped me get my first real job, I was a part of her and Cameron's wedding, I even attended the birth of their first child. Then they moved away and, as the nature of things go, we eventually lost touch. I have thought of them so often over the years, wondering about them and their family and how they're doing. Recently, thanks to facebook, not only have I found them, but, even though they live hundreds of miles away, we actually had the opportunity to get together for a day! Interesting how things change over the course of 15 years. For example, that baby they had has become the oldest of.....

 

Seven!

It's a blessing to re-connect with old friends that have become an even stronger, more Christ-exemplifying family over the course of time -- and yet are still so much fun. Thanks for making the drive, y'all, and we're looking forward to next year.....:)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jill said...

I am so glad you found me on Facebook after all these years, too! And even though I am no longer a Facebook user, I am so grateful that we can still "see" each other and share our lives. I can not think of my high school years and the life I led in Orlando without thinking of you and Michelle (Russell). My singing pals!

Charissa said...

Who would've thunk it. Funny, families like theirs are looking smaller and smaller to me all the time. Just like 40 is sounding awfully young these days. Kelly looks just the same as she did 20 years ago. Wow. Beautiful family.

kirsten said...

Beautiful family.