Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Nine Days of Christmas

School is done, presents are done -- time to celebrate!! I decided to do a little something special each day through Sunday, starting with yesterday. Hopefully, I'm faithful to blog every day through Christmas (or as long as my ailing camera holds out... hint, hint, Santa). Here's day one!

Since we had Greg with us all day we made it a little bigger 'special'. We started on the town square at our favorite greasy cheeseburger joint.

 

Then we walked around the shops and landed at Starbucks for some coffee and treats.

 

And then - my favorite part - we went ice skating!! It's the newest addition to the square and something we've been so excited to try! Greg has never ice skated and opted to just watch us this time. I think he was secretly wishing he'd changed his mind. He told me we were crazy out there with all those people and he'd do it on a pond with us if he was ever gonna try it. Who's crazy?!?

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your holiday blogging plan! Can't wait to "spend" the Christmas holidays with you. I remember ice skating with my sisters when we lived in Chicago. It was great fun - for about 20 minutes. Then we were cold and wanted to go home and warm up.
Love you all,
Mom

Jill said...

Presents are done?? Is this some kind of joke??

Anonymous said...

loved ice skating!! Aunt B

Robin said...

Greg is the crazy one for wanting to ice skate on a pond--especially since you live in Arkansas!!

kirsten said...

Love this picture! Its adorable!!