Friday, December 24, 2010

Days 6 & 7

Yesterday Greg got off work early and we went to see the very Christmasy movie, 'Megamind'. I really thought it would be mega mindless but it was pretty good! I was pleasantly surprised. After that, we went shopping... for nothing... just for fun. There is such freedom in watching all the freak-outs who waited til the last minute, knowing YOU have nothing else to buy! Its kinda dark entertainment.

Today we slept in, sort of. There's been no real sleeping-in with a certain someone in the house. I mean, Christmas is just so close! Even the usual constant fidgeting and distractability is amped up to immeasurable levels. Examples: In a wild, excited motion today, my kitchen curtains came craching down. Later, he made it to the car with just one shoe and sock on. At dinner, he was bouncing on the booth seat so much I thought he was going to catapult Greg to the ceiling. It's nice to know that the approaching Christmas morning is still so thrilling to a 9-year-old!

So tonight (after a pleasant day of not much, and secret tweakings of this and that) we will end our day watching 'The Nativity'. I love going to bed with that vision of my Savior's humble, precious beginning. Of course, He has no beginning. I guess, rather, I love the part where He chooses to visit us for awhile -- in that humble, precious way...

Good night, and Merry Christmas!

No comments: