Monday, September 28, 2009

There's something we did the other night that we talked all summer about doing. Now that the weather's cooling off and the bugs are finding other places to go, it was just perfect for......the drive-in movie theater!! The last time I did this I was 7 and we saw 'Grease'. I watched that movie again not too long ago, by the way, and found myself wondering about my mother's good judgement. Back then, all I wanted to do was wail 'Hopelessly Devoted To You' in my bedroom with my record player but, oh well. Anyway! This time we saw 'G-Force' -- not that great, but at least no hoochie-mamas come out of the closet.

Here we are with 10 different blankets and pillows in the back of the car. We snuggled all evening and enjoyed the wonder of a child amazed that the sound was coming from our own radio. Try it sometime!

 

 

Oh, and Mom, I love you! I was just joking earlier. I know I twisted your arm to take me......
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't have them kind of fancy things around here in these parts. We just pull the boob tube out to the front yard and sit in the back of our pickup truck with some sack cloths. The kids love it till they realize they have to hold the antenna up in the air for the whole movie.hehehehe Just kidding...can't wait to see you guys soon. Love ya,
Juls

Anonymous said...

Jen,
To tell you the truth, I don't know what I was thinking - except that I did not yet know Jesus. He makes all the difference in the world. And you did love that movie. I think a lot of the hotchie mama stuff was over your head so the emotional damage to your psyche was minimal. How did you like G-Force?
Love, Mom
PS Juls, your comments had me laughing out loud!!

kirsten said...

The last time we did that I think I had 2 fewer children in the house. I'm pretty sure we would have to bring lawn chairs now...or maybe we could sit on top of the van, ha!
Ya'll look cute and cozy:)