Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Good Doggie

Give me a spider....no big deal. Crickets? Anything amphibeous? Bring 'em on! But put a praying mantis near me and I'm gonna come out of my skin. WHY do their heads have to swivel?!? Ooaueh!! I'm creeping out just thinking about it. Not too long ago I almost wrecked the car when Joshua screamed, "LOOK, MOM, WHAT'S OVER YOUR HEAD!!". Yep. I pulled right over, jumped out of the car and had a head-swivelling battle with that thing MUCH to my son's delight. I looked at, it looked at me, I whipped my head away trying not to gag, it turned back to it's business as well, I went back to it, it looked back at me......and so we went.

Back in the car a few minutes later (without the bug) I did have to ask, "Josh, sweetie, how did that thing get in the car?" Hmmmm.

So yesterday, Kodiak's got his vicious growl and bark going and I had to see WHAT we were being so threatened by (keep in mind that the day before it had been an unfamiliar flashlight). But, oh, how I thrilled to see that he was saving us from a very large praying mantis on the window!!

 

If Kodiak was so brave then I could be too! So I swiped the nasty thing down for him and that was it. It had no chance. Whew.

 

Anyone else want to come pray and swivel on my window???
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Praying" - A reverent petition made to a Deity.
"Mantis" - A predatory insect having two pairs of walking legs and powerful grasping forelimbs to succumb its victim.
What sinister mind put these two words together to describe such a creature. On the order of "Vincent Price" perhaps!!

Anonymous said...

Not a chance! Between the "mean" guard dog and your "deadly" swing, that would be an adventure I would not live through!!

Now, if you want to invite me in for a cup of tea... that is a different matter!!

LOL
Mom

kirsten said...

LOL....oh Jen, so glad you didn't get in a car accident!
Made me think of my big, tough Noah....he loathes ANY kind of bug, and has his little sister or brother kill them for him...hhmmmm.