Wednesday, June 30, 2010

As Happy As We Look

Sometimes God works in a way where you can see His goodness just right out.

 

This last weekend, I got to enjoy a trip to State College, Pennsylvania. My sister is here this summer on a grant as a PhD candidate, studying rocks at Penn State. She lives in New Zealand with her family so its a really big deal that she's here in the U.S. at all. Not so coincidentally, my brother and his family only live 40 minutes from Penn State. With the stars aligning in a way that only happens once every 450 years or so, I had to make a visit! My Dad and Step-Mom felt the same way. All our time together was just blessed, blessed, blessed. Getting the chance to come by myself, I got to have quality, meaningful time with every one...

 

My sister, Carolyn, is the one on the far right (above). Ever meet a genuine genius? How about one who likes country music? That's Carolyn! She cracks me up and fascinates me at the same time. I love to listen to her. I don't understand half the stuff she talks about, but the crumbs I catch are very interesting. She has some very acute observations about American psuedo-science and the twisting and bending thereof. I don't know what she doesn't observe, quite frankly, so she is a girl after my own heart. I love that I got to spend so much time with her...

 

My brother, John (above) and his cool family are always so much fun to hang around. John is the pastor of a fast-growing church in their town. We got to hear him Sunday morning and I couldn't have been more proud had I been his own mother. I think we're all considering the weekly commute! John's wife Suzie is an amazing wife and mother. She juggles so much and still has such a great sense of humor. You can see it in my niece and nephew, Emily & Cole. They're so grounded and smart and nice to be around. Josh was seriously sore with me for not bringing him to play with them!

I could go on and on about everyone, including my Dad and Step-Mom. I wonder at how I got stuck in such a great family. It's enough to make you want to miss them when the time is over.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the wonderful stories and photos. It certainly looks like everyone was having a wonderful time! Mom