Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sea World

 

I'm a hypocrite. We did go to a theme park while we were in Orlando. It was Sea World but it's educational, right? When I suggested it to my Mom as something we wanted to do, there was not an enthusiastic response. Pop tried to call in sick, or something like that, the day of (they're natives, you know). If my Grandma had known, she would have given me a lecture on how Disney ruined Orlando and I should be ashamed to support anything like it. But I perservered through all the red flags and drug us all there because of one single reason: I knew Joshua would love it.

Love it, he did! There was so much that we enjoyed there but these were some of the highlights...

One of our 1st sightings was of a baby dolphin in his "nursery" (below). The little guy bouncing around with his Mom and all of his aunts was pretty darn cute.

 

This next thing was a GIGANTIC hit -- a manta ray pool. There's hundreds of them swimming around and you can stick your hand (or half your body in Josh's case) in there to touch them. They slide right under or over your hand and they feel just like velvet. It was fascinating. We could have spent the whole day in that one spot. (Yes, they've had their barbs removed.)

 

I think the most awe-inspiring part of our day was this shot below. Even though it was taken in the walk-through shark tank, I am mostly referring to the folks Josh is hanging with. Why? Because they loved our time too! We ended up having a perfectly lovely day.

 

Thanks, Mom and Pop for taking the risk. We made some good memories, huh? (Whew!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a blast. It was a perfect day! ILY Mom