Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've done this! Though I haven't posted anything lately, I've been reading your blogs and I've loved all your Christmas notes and pictures. You make me laugh and think and sometimes cry, and I appreciate that you let me see into your lives. You are inspirational.

Let me tell ya, not having a computer for a very long time makes you withdraw quite nicely. Were it not for the pleas from Mom, I would have let blogging slip into eternal forgetfulness. Thanks, Mom. Photojournaling life is a good thing.

I'm afraid I have to go all the way back to Thanksgiving to start catching up. Josh and I took a road trip and made lots of little fun stops along the way. First: our good friends, the Dearings. They are a really fun family. Tempelle and I have a tradition of eating pancakes at Cracker Barrel. While we did that, Tom and the kids had a big time doing all kinds of enviable things. Tempelle wouldn't let me take a picture of her but the kids had no problem with it...

 

Next we visited my sister, Amanda, and brother-in-law, Sean. I always thought Nashville was kinda cool and now I really do. It's clean and beautiful, has good pizza, and Amanda spots folks that would leave me starstruck. Of course, I didn't. But she does.

 

Final stop: Georgia (Greg flew in, by the way). My whole family gets together here and, with new members added all the time, it's gets better every year. On top of new spouses and new babies, my Aunt and Uncle (who host the whole circus) celebrated their 25th and renewed their wedding vows the evening after Thanksgiving. It was a great party and a very special ceremony. I have no pictures of it because my batteries died, but, trust me, there was good turkey and dance attempts had by all.

Josh looks forward to getting to be with all his cousins. Here's a good pictures for you Mom -- all your babies!!

 

My Grandma knits the cutest stuff and had a huge container full of free-for-all hats and scarves and bags for us. Hot dog! We had a good time modeling all our gifts.

 

More later! Enjoy 2010...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

RoverHaus said...

Welcome back to blog world!

Your grandmother sounds a lot like mine...except instead of knitting for us, my grandmother rescues items from the local thrift store reject bin and has us take our pick of something when we visit.

Not as fun a getting scarves and such, but it makes great wall decor for the garage.

Charissa said...

Well. You know. A road trip to Tulsa wouldn't take that long.

shannon said...

well....Hallelujah!

kirsten said...

Yea!!! Jen a new purse:)

Anonymous said...

Jen, Many thanks for your new blog entries. Of course my favorite photo is the one with my five babies - but your Christmas snow ran a "close" 2nd. I love reading your blogs - thanks for continuing to share your life with me (and others.)
Love you, Mom