Friday, January 8, 2010

 

Christmas is always special, but God gave us a real kiss this year with something I've never seen in my whole life -- snow!!

 

Yes, I've seen snow before but I've never, ever gone to bed without it on Christmas Eve and awakened to it the next morning. A Christmas snow! Isn't that wonderful?

 

We went to Kierstin's house for Christmas dinner. Joshua brought a ball to share out of his stocking and Kierstin had one to show as well. They were very impressed with each others' loot.

Doesn't she look like a little 'Who-ville' baby?

 

On a sidenote, we have started watching 'The Nativity' on Christmas Eve. Here's the magical irony of it. It's not a glamorous movie and the angel, Gabriel, is a little ill-casted (like I know what he really looks like), but I have to say that this understated yet very personal version of my favorite birth story is amazingly glorious. Puts your head to the pillow with just the right heart!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

kirsten said...

Cute pictures!
Hey, did you get a Mac????

Ashley said...

How exciting to have a white Christmas!! Wish we could have although we did some snow this week! I am ready for your next visit!!

Anonymous said...

I agree about the angel; it's not the actor, though, it's the beard. Angels are not supposed to have beards. I also always imagine them with blonde or sandy brown hair. Carolyn.

Debra said...

Your front porch looks like the perfect winter wonderland! I love your idea of making a tradition of watching "The Nativity." We might have to do that next year!