Thursday, August 6, 2009

Needing a Building Permit

The summer is almost over and there are still some VERY IMPORTANT things to do. Constructing a giant fort in the living room was apparently on that list. When Josh asked if this was an ok project to work on I said "Sure!" and gave him 2 chairs and a blanket. All my dining chairs and blankets later, we finally had a respectable hideout going. I left Josh to the interior decorating and felt like I needed to probably do some building inspecting after hearing him call out, "Good thing I have a large collection of key chains!". Turns out, they are handy in securing your lighting. Who knew?

I know Greg is going to love this when he walks in tonight!

 

 

 

No, Greg probably won't love it but after he gets the tour he'll be like I was -- fondly sentimental of when I was a kid and use to do this stuff. DO put this on your 'must' list soon.....even if you don't have children! Your inner child will thank you for it.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Wren said...

I used to LOVE building forts in my parents' den growing up!! How fun!

I decided to come on over here and actually post a comment instead of just reading!!

Our blog is set to private, so I'll email you an 'invitation' to view our blog.

Anonymous said...

I enlarged the picture to full-screen and I loved the contrast of the inside and outside.
Looking through the beautiful windows of a fine brick home is a well built man made structure with slides and monkey bars to climb and fun things to pass the time. "Inside"- imagination, exploration, homemade structures of adventure, mountains to climb, rivers to ford, a fortress to fight off the evil that lurks outside and the excitement of building the well made dream that resides within my mind. pop

Anonymous said...

The boy is a genius. Adding Christmas lights and attaching them with key chains (which thankfully he had plenty of) is nothing but sheer genius.

That boy is going places I tell ya, sure as you're born!!!

Grammy

jennifer... said...

Pop, did you miss your calling for poetry???  I may have to steal your quote sometime.:)

Anonymous said...

I have a fond memory of your Aunt Carol and I making forts in our bedroom when Mom would send us in there to clean our room. The "cleaning" would take all day.
Aunt B

Ashley said...

AWESOME!!! We must do this soon!! How are ya! I have been away from bloggy land for a while...just catching up!:)

kirsten said...

too much fun!!!

Laurie said...

Love it - especially the look of proud wonder on his face!