Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy 1st, Ladybug!

I love these two pictures.

 

 

Here's why. It was my niece, Kierstin's, birthday yesterday and a very large crowd (much like the one taking pics in the nursery window exactly one year ago) gathered to celebrate. Poor girl, you just wonder what little ones think at that very first birthday party. What a bizarre series of events. First, everyone gets in your face and screams "Happy Birthday!" the moment you wake up from your little unsuspecting afternoon nap, then they all eat a big meal of yummy stuff that you can't have, but 30 minutes later they put this gigantic, lit up, squishy thing in front of you that ONLY you can have. It makes them laugh hysterically and also sing very loudly. Later, after a very obnoxious cleanup with a dish rag, they set you in the middle of all these BIG, BEAUTIFUL boxes and bags that look like so much fun to play with......just to end up throwing the great stuff away while sticking you with the -- what do they call it? -- toys!

And all the while, what a girl really wants......is to swim with her cousin!

 

On another note, here are all my Banks family sisters-in-love (preferred over law) at the party. They're sweet and beautiful and wonderful, I must say!

 

Among the other guests from the day, these girls above gave their share of slobbery birthday girl kisses. Another bit in the bizarre, but not so bad afterall of a thing called a "birthday".:)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Laurie said...

What a doll - love her!

Shannon said...

I'm looking at Becky's outfit and then Kiersten's, do they match? Hmm.....

kirsten said...

Adorable! gosh I love her name....I think I should change my spelling!

Debra said...

What sweet sisters in (love) you have. I like that! And who needs toys when you have bags? What a great time!