Tuesday, August 26, 2008

1st Day of School!

If you're thinking the same thing I am -- that he looks SO BIG in this picture, especially with that watch -- I can assure you he agrees with you. As we pulled into the parking lot at school I noticed that no one was dropping their kids off, which is the standard procedure. Everyone was walking their kids in. Joshua begged me to PLEASE not do that to him! That's so embarassing for a second grader! Well I wasn't going to be the only mother who didn't care to walk her child in on his first day. I mean I might as well just kick him out of the car while its still moving, peel my tires out and head for the nearest Starbucks, right there in front of everyone. No. We walked in. I did maintain some of his dignity, however, by not actually stepping in to the class. Standing in the hall, watching him find his seat and talk to a few friends, I waited for eye contact - something to say "I'll miss you, Mom". He did finally look at me but it was with a hilarious "Would you please leave now?" glare.

Ah, we've come a long way from kindergarden.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Delahne said...

Jennifer, I just read through all your posts and had to laugh. I could "hear" you in my head as you shared. Samuel was thrilled this am when I dropped them off and didn't walk them in.

kirsten said...

you're still his favorite girl...just hang on to that!

Power Up Love said...

It won't be to long and it'll be the first day of college. Time seems to fly by. I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com a community of real people sharing real stories about how Love has really impacted and change their lives. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I love the polarazation from one post to the next. He wants to be a big kid, but he's still your little boy at heart. I know you're soaking up every moment.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm! the many memories that this conjures up.