Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Sight For Warm Eyes

It's getting hot here. It's taken this long but this week we have finally made it into the 90's. Our July 4th weekend was unlike anything we've experienced thus far. Saturday evening was so chilly I wished I had a jacket! What do you think of that, Memphis and Orlando people? I am actually enjoying this temperate summer weather. It doesn't take long, though, and I do start to yearn for what's coming - turning leaves, burning wood, haystacks - and eventually, Christmas. Yes, I start to get the yule fever somewhere around now and it builds through Halloween, dropping sharply by Thanksgiving, and is long gone by December 25th. I'm ready for the beach by then. Anyway, when I ran across this picture of our sweet little Olive Branch house, covered in snow, it suited my mood. But it didn't just make me anticipate what's to come, it made me long for what's been left behind. I miss this place. I miss everyone near and dear to Greg & I. It's still hard sometimes, being away, even knowing we are truly in a good place here. I'm so thankful that we still get to rejoice with you in your praises and pray for you in those deep needs. Your life is still welcome into ours! We love you and you can never be replaced....Merry Christmas!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy Wages said...

It made me sad to see your old home. I miss you so much. What else can I say? Oh, but you said I was allowed to be a brat about it....so...to be honest, it still STINKS!!!!! Love you....!

Ashley said...

Oh, you are making me cry!! We miss you so much as well. I still feel like I might see you at the next class function, or in Sunday School one day! Will you surprise us soon??? Love ya!! Merry Christmas to you too!

Anonymous said...

WE MISS YOU! You can't stop life from moving forward, can you?

liesel said...

See, I told you. You are a sap when it comes to houses. How about old roommates?