Saturday, February 13, 2010

My First Basketball

I really could not have cared less about the game of basketball just 4 months ago. I was a cheerleader for it a million years ago but I didn't know what I was cheering about (and didn't care). I just remember the stinky gym. I watched a 'Magic' game forever ago, which was kinda fun. Any live college/pro game is. But, again, it didn't turn me into a basketball fan one bit. I didn't care. All that changed when I casually asked my son if he wanted to play this year. I was sure he'd say no (why would he care?) but, alas, he said "Yes!". And now, I have to say, I LOVE BASKETBALL! I still don't get it, but I'm enjoying it.

 

 

 

It helps when your favorite player is your favorite kid. In the entire season Joshua only scored once (he's not that great -- sshhh!), but I'm really hoping he wants to play again next year. By then, maybe I'll know some clever things to shout besides "Woo-hoo!" occasionally. We've got a lot to catch up on -- but now I care! Who knew???
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

liesel said...

Oh how cute Jennifer. He is really growing up fast, isn't he? I have the picture of our boys having a tea party after playing basketball that day. I love that memory.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you!
Yeah for Josh!
Yeah for basketball!

Miss you, love you, Mom

Shannon said...

Love basketball and baseball, I'll have to use Joshua as my boy substitute so that I can whoop and holler.

kirsten said...

Wow...Josh looks so much older. Jen he looks just like you! He's a cutie:)

Anonymous said...

Yahoo Josh...so glad to see a basketball player in the fam!!!! Just keep it fun!
Love,
Aunt Juls